Wednesday 28 March 2012

Gadgetry

I've a love affair with retro/vintage looking objects that work with the clarity of modern equipment inside. Hence, I am super fond of steampunk in all it's glory. It's nice to know where things came from though:


Being in my late thirties I am also of the age that only had a black and white portable tv with wire coat hangar aerial as the spare and  remember when video recorders were warring between betamax and VCR for dominance, I played King's Quest on a Commodore 64 and a walkman was considered hi-tech if it had am/fm radio as well as tape play functions. I should be pitied really, as should my friends of the same Generation X.



What Blue really played.

BTW The Copperclockmaker makes some amazing gadgetry art/furniture.



No comments:

Post a Comment